We have an immediate opening for a Confectionery Manager at our new Goo Goo Shop in downtown Nashville, TN. Below is a brief description of the position. Eligible applicants should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Confectionery Shop Manager
Under administrative direction from the Executive Vice President, and the Director of Retail Operations, executes all confectionery shop operations and initiatives for Goo Goo Cluster, LLC. This position is heavily involved in the daily operation of the assigned Goo Goo retail outlet to generate positive brand recognition and sales for the Company’s product line.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the daily production of candy product and packaging for retail sales; ensuring consistency and quality of product
- Schedules production of all confectionery products to maintain an inventory of fresh goods at all times.
- Ordering, receiving, unloading and storage of ingredients; includes initiating and maintaining vendor relationships
- Managing department inventory – planning and ordering according to work plan and standards to maximize sales and gross profit
- Upkeep/Maintenance of kitchen and to meet all codes inspections and requirements
- Enforcement of food standards regarding food handling practices, safety and sanitation
- Manage 2-6 full and part-time department associates, ensuring that all receive proper training and supervision. Includes: hiring, developing and terminating kitchen staff as well as scheduling and maintaining labor cost.
- Analysis of sales reports in an effort to identify which products are selling and which are not as popular; assisting the Director of Retail in ongoing product mix/sku selections
- Continuing R&D with regard to flavor profiles and emerging candy trends
- Travel to and from promotional and/or industry trade shows and events as needed
- Basic understanding of professional cooking with previous experience in confectionery products preferred
- Understanding of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, to include public speaking and customer interaction
- Strong math and reading comprehension skills for tracking inventory, calculating profit, labor cost utilization and reviewing sales
- Strong organizational skills, with proven ability to manage multiple priorities and professionally interact with coworkers, customers and the general public
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must possess the physical ability to operate basic kitchen equipment and utensils